Thursday, September 2, 2010

All graphic design classes...

Please remember I am not on vacation but am working doing a presentation at the Atypi conference. (I know, boo-hoo that it happens to be in Dublin.) It is a very important part of my job description to seek out national and international opportunities for West Georgia to be included in "the dialog" as they say, of our design profession at large. It is quite an honor to be invited to this particular conference.

Look up AtypI online: http://www.atypi.org/
Atypi (pronounced "A-type-i") is a very prestigious international typography organization. Their conferences are usually held in Europe, although last year it was in Mexico City.

My panel discussion/presentation is on Thursday morning, Room B at 9:30am with Jeff Pulaski of Wichita State University, and Mervi Pakaste of Kansas State University.

Although it is certainly not optimal as far as your classes go, for me to have been invited to present at two very important typography conferences in the space of a month, but I would like to thank you all in advance for being good sports and participating in positive ways to make this work for everybody. I appreciate your support. But I do expect for you to hold up your end of the bargain in mature and productive ways, by making the best use of your time and working on your projects with enthusiastic trial and error. I expect to see significant progress in all classes when I return on Sept. 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment